Dear readers, I wish you all happy holidays, and a lot of success in the kitchen for your dinner plans! Of course, this is the perfect time of the year to try some of my most festive recipes!
- Start your meal with my deluxe Salad Olivier or King Crab Salad.
- If you prefer hot appetizers, try the Wild Boar and Porcini Pirozhki, or the Salmon, Blue Cheese and Porcini Coulibiac.
- More seafood for your entrée? Check out the Crab-Stuffed Salmon Paupiette and Salmon Brandade. Do you usually stick to the traditional Christmas bird? Serve it with my Moldovan Gratin (the meat in the gratin doesn’t have to be turkey). Or maybe you want to impress your family with your recently caught deer? Prepare a Leg of Venison in Moscovite Sauce with Butternut Squash Varenyky.
- For dessert, I would suggest the Apple, Vodka and Birch Syrup Babka with Cranberry Mors Sorbet, or the Sachertorte with Apricot Kernel Ice Cream.
- Finally, I’m sure you’ll enjoy popping a few Dalmatian Fritters throughout the day!
Happy Holidays 2011