It’s officially summer, and I’m off to Croatia for two weeks. If you fear Food Perestroika withdrawal, here are some seasonal recipes for you to re-discover:
- To stick to the theme of my trip, try my Brodet, Croatian Fish Stew, or Bosnian Ćevapi with Kajmak, Ajvar, and Lepinja.
- Still from the same part of the world, the Albanian Langoustine and Sujuk Pilaf is an excellent surf and turf combination. By the way, the beach in the picture at the top of this post is in Albania.
- And don’t forget my many trout and salmon recipes, such as the Giant Trout and Salmon Chlebíček (a supersized toastie!) and the Triple Steelhead Trout Broth with Gravlax and Pirozhki.
- Still not enough seafood for you? Check out my three-tiered Russian Plateau de Fruits de Mer.
- For dessert, I highly recommend Food Perestroika’s Baklava, which looks nothing like the traditional Balkan baklava below.
I hope to return with amazing stories!