Whether you just buy the meat or try to kill the animals yourself, game is back in season! Here are some recipes you might want to try:
- Have a whole wild pheasant meal with Wild Pheasant Rillettes followed by Pheasant à la Russe, a delicious paupiette in a cream sauce.
- If you like more gamy birds, try my Partridge Breast and Dumplings in Tokaji Sauce.
- For large game, I recommend the Wild Boar Bouchées and Wild Boar Filet Mignon and Smoked Lentils, or the more traditional Roasted Rack of Venison in Cider Sauce.
- Of course, I have to mention my flagship dish, the Vladimir Poutine, a decadent mess of fries, cheese curds and bear stew.
- And if you make your own recipe, don’t forget Red Currant Jelly!