Thanks to roodonfood for recently nominating me for the Liebster Award! Wonder what this is about? Here are the rules:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
- Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated.
Let’s start with the random facts about myself:
- I drink a lot of soda.
- I don’t drink beer.
- Unlike what you may think reading my blog, I do travel in countries outside of the Eastern Bloc — most recently Canada, Germany, India, France, and the U.K.
- I also like cuisines other than Eastern European — Indian food in particular.
- I used to spend summers in Saint-Malo.
- I have a 2 1/2 year-old daughter.
- I have an original poster of Stalin in my dining room (my daughter calls him Uncle Joe).
- In my youth I was banned from various food and beverage establishments for, shall I say, divergence of opinion.
- Even though I am not the other Florian Pinel, I like skiing.
- I have a lot of piercings but no tattoos.
- I’m currently learning Czech.
… and my answers to roodonfood‘s question:
- What is your absolute favorite meal?
Caviar, game meat, kebabs, pizza, lobster, oysters, brains, steak, chocolate… I don’t really like the idea of having a favorite this or that.
- What is your favorite spice?
Saffron. But see answer to previous question.
- What place would you most like to visit?
It’s hard to single out one new place. Let’s say Lapland.
- What do you do to relax?
Watch movies, read books — really original! When possible, go to a sauna.
- Where do you live and what is the coolest place there?
New York City. Discussing the coolest place in NYC could be the subject of a whole blog of its own.
- What was your proudest moment?
When I received the Liebster Award 😉
- What is your dream job?
Traveling a lot, cooking a lot, and being paid lots of money for it. Prospective employers may contact me through my About page.
- What are your favorite TV Shows and movies?
I don’t really watch TV shows, but my most beloved movies include Underground, The Piano Tuner, Damnation, Suspiria, Conspirators of Pleasure, Martyrs, Singapore Sling. There are many more.
- What is your favorite book or author?
I recently enjoyed books by Olen Steinhauer and Andrey Kurkov. There are many more.
- What is the best recipe on your site?
All my recipes are great!
- What super power would you most want and why?
The ability to learn any skill I like in no time. Why? To learn any skill I like in no time.
My turn now:
- Where do you live, and can you give me the name of a good Eastern European restaurant there?
- Have you been to the Eastern Bloc? What place did you like most?
- What is your favorite brand of vodka?
- What are 3 dishes you love best?
- What are 3 ingredients you love best?
- What camera, lens, and other accessories do you use to take the pictures on your blog?
- How long do you typically spend writing a post on your blog?
- What is your favorite blog?
- What’s your favorite recipe on my blog?
- Is there any specific recipe or topic you would like me to write about?
- If you met Vladimir Putin, what would you ask him?
And my 11 new nominees for the Liebster Award, in no particular order, are:
- Dawid Rutkowski
- Freelance Journalism from Moscow [Andy in Russia]
- Beyond Prague
- Caravanserai 230
- Eurasia 2013
- Keith McInnes Photography
- While Chasing Kids [Russian Mom Cooks]
- The Art of Uzbek Cuisine
- The Goulash Train
- The Prague Days of Summer [Shaina Bowen]
Congratulations! I’m looking forward to your answers to those 11 questions!